BLN and AeHIN Virtual Panel Discussion: COVID-19 Challenges in Asia and Africa – Lessons from the Private Health Service Perspective
Oct 8, 2020
The BID Learning Network (BLN) and Asia eHealth Information Network (AeHIN) held a series of virtual panel discussions on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on primary health care service delivery. This is the third discussion in a three-part series, featuring lessons from the private health care sector. These interactions are intended to promote mutual learning between public, private, and international health care practitioners for the improvement of health care service delivery. The discussions are aimed at addressing the challenges encountered and lessons learned by health facilities and practitioners in service provision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Speakers also discussed the measures put in place to minimize the spread of the epidemic and strategies to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
If you missed the live webinar, you can now view the recording online.
- Thirunavukarasu Rajoo, Director and Co-Founder of AR Techno Ventures Sdn, Bhd, Malaysia
- Dr. Kingsley Chijioke Okeke, Senior Registrar, Department of Community Medicine, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Nigeria
- Dr. Mwadi Kakoma Chakulya, Medical Superintendent, Konkola Mine Hospital, Zambia
- Lillian Kwendakwape, Maternal and Child Health & ART Coordinator, Konkola Mine Hospital, Zambia
- Boonchai Kijsanayotin, Health Informatics and Research Manager, Thai Health Information Standards Development Centre, Thailand
- Moderated by Dr. Alvin Marcelo, Director, Asia eHealth Information Network, Philippines