September 16, 2020, 9:00–10:30 hours CAT
BLN and AeHIN Virtual Panel Discussion: Health Service Delivery During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Lessons from a Health Worker’s Perspective
The BID Learning Network (BLN) and Asia eHealth Information Network (AeHIN) are holding a series of virtual panel discussions on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on primary health care service delivery. This is the second discussion in a three-part series, featuring the health worker perspective. These interactions are intended to promote mutual learning between public, private, and international health care practitioners for the improvement of health care service delivery. The discussions are aimed at addressing the challenges encountered and lessons learned by health facilities and practitioners in service provision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Speakers will also discuss the measures put in place to minimize the spread of the epidemic and strategies to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
Please register in advance of the webinar at this link.
- Maria Geraldine Q. Dimalibot, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, St. Luke’s Medical Centre, Philippines
- Usha Padmanabhan, Medical Practitioner, Care for Business Medical Centre, Zambia
- Luke Bawo, Coordinator Health Information Systems, M&E and Research, Ministry of Health, Liberia
- Benedict Sim Lim Heng, Infectious Diseases Consultant, Sungai Buloh Hospital, Malaysia
- Moderated by Dr. Anthony Ofosu, Deputy Director General, Ghana Health Service, Ghana