Jan 30, 2017
Data Use Partnership: The Journey to Better Data for Better Health in TanzaniaDigital Health Solutions program supported the Government of Tanzania in conducting a thorough landscape and gap analysis to identify the greatest opportunities to address key data challenges impeding health system performance. The process culminated in a government-driven data use investment road map for Tanzania. This report summarizes those findings and recommendations.
Jan 1, 2009
It Is Time! Accelerating the Use of Child Health Information Systems to Improve Child Health
Feb 24, 2010
First experiences in the implementation of biometric technology to link data from Health and Demographic Surveillance Systems with health facility data
Dec 10, 2012
Improving data quality in The African Region
- Data quality is one of the 4 IVD priority in AFRO
- Existence of robust DM system at different level
- There is more interest on data quality than ever (Opportunity)
- Good data = good decision, wrong data = wrong decision
- Need data to monitor goals at all levels (Country, Region, Global)
- Data management has not enjoyed deserved recognition from EPI Manager on staff allocation (skills)
- Recommendations from TFI as well as EPI managers’ meetings
Oct 26, 2009
First Experiences in Implementation of Biometric Technology to Link Data From Health and Demographic Surveillance Systems with Health Facility Data
In developing countries, Health and Demographic Surveillance Systems (HDSSs) provide a framework for tracking demographic and health dynamics over time in a defined geographical area. Many HDSSs co-exist with facility-based data sources in the form of Health Management Information Systems (HMIS). Integrating both data sources through reliable record linkage could provide both numerator and denominator populations to estimate disease prevalence and incidence rates in the population and enable determination of accurate health service coverage.
Jump in. Expand your knowledge.
Join the discussion and share with your colleagues.
22nd August 2019, at 16:00 hrs CAT
Keep up to date with the latest BID Initiative content and blog posts.