September 30, 2020, 11:00–12:30 hours CAT
BLN and AeHIN Virtual Panel Discussion: COVID-19 Challenges in Asia and Africa – Lessons from the Private Health Service Perspective
The BID Learning Network (BLN) and Asia eHealth Information Network (AeHIN) are holding a series of virtual panel discussions on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on primary health care service delivery. This is the third discussion in a three-part series, featuring lessons from the private health care sector. These interactions are intended to promote mutual learning between public, private, and international health care practitioners for the improvement of health care service delivery. The discussions are aimed at addressing the challenges encountered and lessons learned by health facilities and practitioners in service provision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Speakers will also discuss the measures put in place to minimize the spread of the epidemic and strategies to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
Please register in advance of the webinar at this link.
- Thirunavukarasu Rajoo, Director and Co-Founder of AR Techno Ventures Sdn, Bhd, Malaysia
- Dr. Kingsley Chijioke Okeke, Senior Registrar, Department of Community Medicine, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Nigeria
- Vera Soko, Maternal and Child Health Coordinator, Konkola Mine Hospital, Zambia
- Lillian Kwendakwape, Maternal and Child Health & ART Coordinator, Konkola Mine Hospital, Zambia
- Boonchai Kijsanayotin, Health Informatics and Research Manager, Thai Health Information Standards Development Centre, Thailand
- Moderated by Dr. Alvin Marcelo, Director, Asia eHealth Information Network, Philippines